BioBran is a unique product, which is made using a patented enzyme process from a rice shell. Dietary fibers from the rice coating are converted into short water-soluble dietary fibers using the fungus enzyme in the production process. The active natural ingredient is the arabinoxylane compound (MGN-3). These fibers are absorbed into the circulation of small intestines. They come in contact with immune cells of the body. In the body, BioBran does not metabolize, leaving the body unchanged and does not affect the increase in liver enzymes.
BioBran is used for:
- as an immunomodulator, and as an immunostimulator for patients with malignancies who receive chemotherapy and radiation therapy (in order to reduce the side effects of standard therapy) as well as for the preparation of oncology patients for the surgical procedure, in order to bear it more easily.
- positive effect on the immune system, especially for patients with reduced immunity, such as the elderly patients and patients with viral infections, common cold, flu etc
- for patients with chronic Hepatitis C virus
- for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in addition with standard therapy
- for patients with multiple myeloma.
- In the treatment of diabetes.
BioBran shows immunomodulating effects through the stimulation of a specific group of cells – NK cells (natural killer cells), which play an important role in the body’s defense against viruses and tumor cells. On a molecular level under the influence of BioBran it is considered that there is an increase of cytokine production and an increase in the number of the granules inside NK cells which are containing more cytotoxic substances (perforin, granzymes, granulozini etc.) which are significant for antimicrobial and antitumor activity.
There are no reported side effects nor toxicity after several years of implementation. It is well tolerated and can be considered safe for use.
BioBran is the product for special medical purposes without any restrictions in terms of age of the person. Suitable for vegetarians.
More information about the product can be found on the site biobran.org.